Rich, bold, simplistic. This dehydrated ground venison jerky provides a protein-rich snack that’s full of flavor … not fillers.
5 pounds ground venison
1 cup soy sauce (recommended: Bragg Liquid Aminos)
1/4 cup bourbon (recommended: Jim Beam)
1 tbsp. maple sugar (substitute brown sugar if necessary)
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. crushed black peppercorns
1. Sharpen chef’s/chopping knife with Work Sharp Benchstone before butchering meat for grind.
2. Grind venison in MEAT! grinder with 4.5mm fine grinding plate. (Pre-cool metal grinder components and venison in freezer prior to grinding.)
3. Combine all remaining ingredients with ground venison.
4. Fill MEAT! Jerky Gun with raw ground jerky and spread out across MEAT! Dehydrator trays.
5. Dehydrate at 160 degrees approx. 4-6 hours until jerky is dry yet flexible. (Sample frequently after 4 hours to monitor dryness. The final product should bend and show white fibers, but not snap/break.)
6. Eat immediately or vacuum seal and freeze for later.