Skip your next trip to the deli counter at the grocery store, and use nature’s groceries from your venison harvest to make the best sliced deli meat you’ll ever eat.
Guided Field Sharpener
E5 (electric kitchen countertop sharpener)
10-inch Meat Slicer
Pro External Vacuum Sealer
One boneless hind quarter from big-game animal
Apple cider vinegar
Fine ground black pepper
Fresh minced thyme
1. Sharpen chef’s/chopping knife with Work Sharp E3 for halving meat (later step).
2. The key to this recipe is making enough marinade to inject your chunk of venison. Scale accordingly, but utilize the following ratio: 5 parts Worcestershire to 2.5 parts sesame oil to 1 part apple cider vinegar (example: 1 cup Worcestershire, 1/2 cup sesame oil, 1/5 cup apple cider vinegar).
3. Prepare enough liquid from step 2 and add allspice, black pepper and thyme to liquid. Mix thoroughly.
4. Inject meat with marinade at multiple points.
5. Coat outside of meat liberally with Kosher salt.
6. Vacuum seal meat and let marinate in fridge overnight.
7. Smoke meat to medium rare. (Try a stainless-steel smoker tube to transform your gas grill into a pellet smoker!)
8. Halve meat chunk and slice to desired thickness using MEAT! Slicer.
9. Eat immediately or portion meat, vacuum seal and freeze for later.