This loose wild game sausage is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eat it alone or incorporated into a variety of creative recipes. You can use virtually any type of venison or game bird for the wild ground meat in this sausage, and you won’t be disappointed.
Combo Knife Sharpener
E5 (electric kitchen countertop sharpener)
.5HP Electric Grinder
20-lb. Meat Mixer
Pro External Vacuum Sealer
3 pounds ground venison
3 pounds ground pork trim (Ask your local butcher to set aside trim!)
3 tbsp. maple (or brown) sugar
2 tbsp. Kosher salt
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. coriander
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. minced fresh thyme
1 tbsp. minced fresh sage
1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
1. Grind venison and pork trim in MEAT! grinder with 4.5mm fine grinding plate. (Pre-cool metal grinder components and venison/pork in freezer prior to grinding.)
2. Sharpen chef’s/chopping knife with Work Sharp E5 for slicing and mincing fresh ingredients.
3. Combine ground venison and pork with all other ingredients.
4. Use MEAT! mixer to thoroughly mix sausage.
5. Vacuum seal sausage and freeze for cooking. Use loosely or patty.