Bring your next wild game meal south of the border with this zesty-creamy recipe for venison taco sliders.
Guided Field Sharpener
E5 (electric kitchen countertop sharpener)
.5HP Electric Grinder
Pro External Vacuum Sealer
Burgers – Makes 6
2 pounds ground venison
2 tbsp. minced fresh oregano
1 tbsp. ancho chili powder
1 tbsp. chipotle chili powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tbsp. salt
1/3 cup bacon grease
Creamy Taco Sauce
1. Grind venison in MEAT! grinder with 10mm coarse grinding plate. (Pre-cool metal grinder components and venison in freezer prior to grinding.)
2. Sharpen chef’s/chopping knife with Work Sharp E5 for slicing and mincing fresh ingredients.
3. Combine ground venison with oregano, ancho and chipotle chili powders, garlic powder, salt, and bacon grease. Mix well.
4. Roll seasoned venison into 1/3-pound hamburger patties. (Optional but ideal: vacuum seal and let rest in fridge overnight before cooking.)
5. Fry burgers in cast-iron skillet, being careful not to overcrowd meat to avoid steaming.
6. Separately in bowl: mix cilantro, taco sauce and mayo to desired consistency.
7. Flip burgers and add cheese (let melt).
8. Plate cheeseburgers on toasted buns with lettuce, tomato and avocado. Smother with creamy taco sauce. Accompany with garlic butter French fries. Use extra creamy taco sauce for dipping fries.